Your cart is currently empty!
Fasting, Marketing, & Autographing…Oh My.
If you listen to my podcast, Creative Ops, you may have noticed I didn’t release an episode this week. There a few reasons listed in the title, but that first one is the biggie. So I’ll save that for last.
I’ll go in reverse order. (I mean I could go back and change it, but I’m sooooo tired…)
So, as you hopefully know, I wrote a book which published recently. It’s called Switchers and all the info and links for paperback and e-book (including Kindle Unlimited) are right here. There’s even a link to get an autographed copy! Which leads to my first thing: I’ve signed for the first time, a few copies of my book. It kind of blows my mind that people are responding to anything I put out there, but…it’s happening.
I’m a self-published author. But I’m not shouting into a void like, unfortunately, many talented self-published folk.
For example, I’ll be heading around to different indie book stores to peddle my sh*t, but I’ll also be selling at I started this blog when I was still working on my novel. Shortly after that, I started a podcast, which I actually worked pretty hard on over the two and a half years or so. All of these things I did in anticipation of my book coming out into the world. And now that I have a few listeners (and readers, too; I didn’t forget about you!) I did the unthinkable and self-published Switchers. I had some back and forths with agents and small presses, but nothing that worked out in the long run.
So, I’ve been hitting the podcast and blog (as you see) pretty hard trying to push my book. But I might as well push the podcast as well. Here’s the episode that really got me thinking about self-publishing in the first place:
Creative Ops | Ep.45 | A Beginner‘s Guide to Self-Publishing w/ Joshua Marsella – Creative Ops
Here’s a few that recently came out right around the release date with members of my book team:
BOOK RELEASE WEEK | Kirk Ross – My Cover Designer!!! – Creative Ops
BOOK RELEASE DAY | TJ Tranchell – my editor! – Creative Ops
And I have a few more of those that I’ll release when I’m done…
OK, so I haven’t eaten any food going on 5 days. I will eat again tomorrow. Today, the last day, I somehow feel really great. The last two days I’ve been cold, tired, and tired.
I’m jumping on this moment of energy to write this. I’m already feeling kinda done. Ha!
Why Am I Fasting?
A little bit for the weight loss. But mainly for all these other reasons:
- Promotes Autophagy. Autophagy “is beneficial for prevention of cancer, Alzheimer’s, and heart disease. Furthermore, this process may help extend one’s life span.”
- Improves Insulin and Leptin sensitivity. “Being more insulin sensitive means your body is more efficient at reducing its blood sugar levels. Meanwhile, being more leptin sensitive could help your body process hunger signals more efficiently, and in turn, lower your risk of obesity.”
- Lower Blood Pressure. “Studies have shown that water fasting can lower blood pressure in people who suffer from high blood pressure (hypertension).”
- Stem Cells! “…researchers found that fasting dramatically improves stem cells’ ability to regenerate, in both aged and young mice. In fasting mice, cells begin breaking down fatty acids instead of glucose, a change that stimulates the stem cells to become more regenerative.”
- Longevity. “[5 day fasting] could help prevent or treat age-related illnesses like diabetes and cardiovascular disease.”
So, there. You learned something. I’m feeling silly and excited about autographing books, I’m trying to push those bad MFers into the world with all my limited means, and…I’m tired, bruh. This fast is good for me, but I’m ready for some food. Seriously.
Christopher Tallon is the author of the dark, adventurous, time-travel novel Switchers.
Follow me, I mean him…follow him: