Your cart is currently empty!
5 of the Best Podcasts from Grand Rapids, Michigan
If you’re looking for podcasts in the Grand Rapids, MI, area, look no further. There’s tons of creative and talented people in this area. Here’s a podcasts that cover different themes and topics:
Grand Rapids Podcast #1: Creative Ops
OK, I gotta start with mine, right? I talk to creative people from around the country, and a few specifically local to west Michigan. The only requirement to being on the show is that you have to do something creative. I’ve talked to musicians, writers, comedians, people who work behind the scenes in film and television, gamers, business owners, artists, and more. The idea is to entertain, inform, and inspire others to be more creative by demystifying the creative process by getting to know the creative people that do awesome things around us.
Goodbye, folks! (For now…) – Creative Ops
- Goodbye, folks! (For now…)
- Ep.104 | Tara McCrackin – ”Crisis President” of Kendall College of Art & Design
- Ep.103 | Adam Truckey (AJT Design) – A Figure-It-Out Mindset
- Ep.102 | ART & CANNABIS – The July Pharmhouse Wellness Art Market 2023
- Ep.101 | Trohpy Husbands – new music video! (”PINK”)
- Ep.100 | Dr. Lester Efianayi – Eyes, Athletics, & Diversity in Medicine
- Ep.99 | Trino – Magic in the Golden Age of Entertainment!
- Ep.98 | Abbey Hunter – Death & Coffee
- Ep.97 | Jason Tieri – Podcaster Extraordinaire
- Creative Ops FM
Grand Rapids Podcast #2: A Talk in the Attic
Hosted by the mutli-talented Kirk Ross, who also designed my book cover!
A Talk in the Attic one is great because it has an accompanying YouTube page.
“Why is that so great? Lots of podcasts have a YouTube page…”
Yeah, but this one is a separate experience from just listening. Sometimes Kirk does animations or uses other special effects to create a visual experience that stands alone from the listening experience.
(And you can record in The Attic…for a price. It’s a full-service podcast studio, with video capabilities.)
I highly recommend. Start with one of my appearances. Or don’t. But do.
The Tryptophan Remixes – A Talk in the Attic
Grand Rapids Podcast #3: Threads Podcast: Life Unfiltered
This podcast will always be special to me because it was the first podcast (mine or otherwise) that I was ever on. They were fairly new, met me and found out I was writing a book, and had me on to talk about it. They also had me write SEO for them for a little while, which led to some other opportunities. They took a chance on me for no good reason and helped me start my podcast. And guested on it a few times. Check these guys out if you wanna hear 2 dudes talk about the real life stuff that most people keep off their social media.
This podcast is under the Hey Guys Media banner, which is one of the best studios on the planet.
Ep. 176 || Mike’s unfiltered thoughts about author Christopher Tallon – Threads Podcast: Life Unfiltered
Ep 210 Final Finale – Threads Podcast: Life Unfiltered
- Ep 210 Final Finale
- Ep. 209 Why is it so hard to make and keep friends as an adult?
- Ep. 208 This One Stings: A Huge Show Update and Mike & Jason Debate ‘He Gets Us’
- Ep. 207 Jason Joins Joe P on the RE Choice podcast and talks about recalibration.
- Ep. 206 Mike and Jason (two white dudes) talk about how black men are not safe from cops; Jason is a victim of a racial slur; Did Mike’s honking incident cross the line?
- Ep. 205 Jason Resigns from Lucrative Career; Mike’s Quest for Expensive Workout Gear; Jason Implores Mike to Be a Pastor to Him
- Ep. 204 Mike Decides to Become a Libertarian after a Gas Stove Debate; Jason is a Rock Star Bus Driver; And Jason Gets Hit by a Car…AGAIN
- Ep. 203 Uncovering the Truth About an Orthodontist: A 39-Hour Journey to Recovery and a Deep Dive into Ottawa County's Corruption
- Ep. 202 Mike and Jason lose their cool; Jason was weirded out during Mike’s special moment; And a Ben update
- Ep. 201 Jason Wants Meaghan to Make Friends; Natalie and Meaghan Set the Record Straight…Again; And You Will Never Guess Mike’s Favorite Holiday Food
Grand Rapids Podcast #4: The Gig Economy Podcast
The Gig Economy Podcast is THE go-to podcast for anyone who does gig work. These guys have walked dogs, delivered food, driven people, and just about any other app-based job. They know the ins-and-outs because they’ve done the work.
Listen for tips, news relevant to gig work, and other tidbits that will have you earning the most money possible for the time you’re putting in.
This show is also under the Hey Guys Media banner. Good peeps over there.
Ep. 171 B-side with the Man, the Myth, the Legend Steve from Rideshare Rodeo – The GIG Economy Podcast
- Ep. 171 B-side with the Man, the Myth, the Legend Steve from Rideshare Rodeo
- Ep. #170 Uber toilet, Uber & Lyft Pay 328 million to drivers for withholding money
- Ep #169 Uber Driver keeps his stolen car running for 3 weeks, Cruise pulls all its autonomous cars off the road.
- Ep. #168 Can I write off new shoes, cause I am walking a lot more!! Someone hacked my Uber account!
- Ep #167 Is uber diamond worth it? Pissjug man is a thing, and a new app called ProxyPics
Grand Rapids Podcast #5: The MiBiz Podcast
The MiBiz Podcast gives some insight into the business scene in Grand Rapids, MI, and my friends at Hey Guys Media do the post-production on it, so you know it sounds as good as it gets.
I hope you found something new to listen to when you’re out doing your thing.
Take care, everybody.
Christopher Tallon is the author of the dark, adventurous, time-travel novel Switchers.
And in the end / The love you take
Is equal to the love / You make